May 26, 2014

Meet A Local Business Owner

Antonia Nelson
owner of Myofascial Release Therapy



About Antonia:
I love what I do, 34 years and still love it. I help people resolve pain, get clarity about what they want in their life, and develop a plan to get there is something I look forward to every day. I get to work with wonderful people every day!

I grew up in Green Bay, moved back here last May. I like being back here, there is so much that has changed and some still the same. Good people, people who want to make a difference, and Green Bay is an upcoming place. I wish there were more organic, restaurants, more geared to healthy food, not just cheese! I love the farmers markets, and New Leaf coming, grateful for what is here and would like to see more.

Football season, I get to enjoy in my home, yeah, no fighting the traffic or looking for bathrooms, I enjoy watching the games in Sturgeon Bay with my 94yr old Father who is also from Green Bay, and avid fan.


Advice from Antonia:
When you feel yourself getting stressed out, your shoulders are up to your ears and you are trying to hold it all together, stop.  Take 2 minutes to breathe. In through your nose, out through your nose. I know you are already breathing, this is about conscious breathing. Breathe and feel all that "stuff" moving off of you. 

You have to feel, to heal. There isn't any shortcut, or bypass. What is important to know is that memories will never hurt you., feeling is the way in, the way through and the way out, to you being your authentic you.

You know how you keep telling yourself that the pain you have been experiencing for awhile will just get better by itself. That if you just forget about it, it will resolve itself. Your body will never lie to you. it's telling you to pay attention, take care of it, stop ignoring it and hoping the problems will go away.

Pay attention to your words, your thoughts, your actions. They speak volumes about how you are showing up every day. Want to show up differently?  Learn how to be a better listener and learn how to hear. To yourself and everyone else out there.